Office of Workforce & Economic Development
- Dane County accounts for more than a third of the state's population growth since 2010 (8/13/2021)
- Madison named 5th most educated city in the U.S. (7/19/2021)
- Governor Evers Annouces $45 Million in Targeted Assistance for Restaurants Impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic (12/03/2020)
- Madison Region COVID-19 Remote Work Survey- results (10/19/2020)
- Second round of We're All in Grants will provide $50 million more for small businesses (10/6/2020)
- DANE COUNTY SMALL BUSINESS PANDEMIC SUPPORT GRANT (updated 4/5/2020)
- Assistance for Small Businesses (WI Counties Association).
- ESSENTIAL BUSINESS DECLARATION- State of Wisconsin/ WEDC
- SBA Announces Approval of Wisconsin's Economic Injury Declaration. Additional information can be found on the SBA-Disaster Assistance webpage. (03/24/2020).
- WWBIC classes will all be changed from in-person to web-based through April. For a list of upcoming classes that are being offered as webinars, click here. (03/22/2020).
- Apply for Buy Local, Buy Wisconsin Grants through Feb. 28 (01/14/2020)
- Supercharge Your Food Business for Financial Success. Join CDR and the Food Finance Institute for a Four-Day Business Boot Camp. (10/30/2019)
- Census: Madison, suburbs top list of fastest-growing cities in Wisconsin (5/23/2019)
- Madison ranked 3rd happiest city in America (3/11/2019)
- Hiring, wages and profits all rise, Madison-area business leaders say in survey (12/12/18)
- Why Madison, Wisconsin Attracts More Millennials Than Any Other City (9/10/2018)
Quality of Life
We work hard and play hard in Dane County. Check out what makes us one of the top places for quality of life in the United States!
Dane Buy Local
If you're going to buy, why not buy local? Get your local buying guide now and enjoy all the unique businesses in our county!